Sunday, March 19, 2006

Of Guards, Heritages and Eggs

Marid was online and itching to do something today when I got on. Helped me with the Burglars Afoot quest too, with killing a gnoll. A level 60^^^ gnoll. One that knocks you WAY back. Off the island even.

And in Overrealm, we all know what happens if we fall off the island, don't we? Oh yeah... we spend money. Why? To repair the armour. Why would armour need to be repaired if we fell off the island?

Because we die :)

Well at least there aren't shard runs anymore. I have always hated shard runs, and I was so glad when EQ2 finally got rid of them.

But, I digress. We looked for the gnoll on Vicious Breeding Grounds island, and he did knock me way back and almost off the island too, but thanks to EQ2's freaky physics engine (or lack thereof), I was able to steer myself back onto the very edge of the island when I landed, and didn't fall off. For a level 60^^^ he sure packs a mean wallop!

However, since Marid was lvl 66, Frippy (the gnoll) was probably green to him. Well, the fight didn't go on too long and I got the quest update. Then, Angel finished with trying to sneak into Freeport to get her Reaching Blade Of The Assassin quest done (see my previous post on this). Needless to say, she was miffed. Angry. Like "hall hath no fury" kind of angry.

Yeah there was a level 66^^^ guard in her way apparently. Was a new guard, probably, since I don't remember ever having a guard between the sewer entrance and the tavern, to talk to the guy there. Carrieann had to sacrifice herself (she's a Bruiser and she's from Freeport) by throwing shurikens at the guard and running like heck, so that Angel could slip past him while Carrie got chased by the guard. Would have worked too, but she's a gnome.. and we all know gnomes have short legs.... so...

Anyway, Angel eventually got her update, and came out to Barren Sky with me and Marid. We were headed for an instance called "The Nest" (I forget the full name. Everyone just calls it The Nest around here). We weren't doing any questing, mainly just XP'ing. Well at least I was. We did pretty good too, going about mid-way into the zone before 2 more people joined us. After they did, we felt confident enough to attempt to complete the instance.

It was only after I have completed the instance that someone said that they finally got the update for yet another quest (which I have, too) by killing the required mob within The Nest. I am still not up to the same step he was in the quest, darnit!

Ah well, time to go get myself up to the same step, and hope they'll decide to run through The Nest again tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home