Monday, March 13, 2006

Grinding Writs

I got to level 61 without much problems. Right after the guild meeting too. At this time, I'm actually almost 50% into 61.
 
I have always been grinding writs. In the past, I used to do only writs for the Qeynos Guards, simply because I'm a fighter class, so logically I should be doing writs for them. However (too late it seems) I realised that the title I really want for Chen was "Disciple" or "Initiate", and those only come from the Priests, not fighters.
 
So, I had to start all over again with the Qeynos Temple, grinding writ after writ with them. When I was level 60, it was just about the only thing I could do other than raiding. Anyway, I checked out the new level 60+ writs, and at my current level I figure I can only do the first one offered to me - killing Scaleborn Sentries. Heck, that's what I'm doing now anyway, to gain faction with the frogloks below in the Hidden Refuge island. I have no idea what sort of goodies the frogloks will give me, but hey, if I can gain faction and gain xp while doing it, why not?
 
Add to that, the writs now ask for the same mobs I have been killing ANYWAY, so why the heck not? It sure is a pain to be only gaining 150 faction per solo writ though. The status they give is pretty impressive now though - over 6K status per writ, and about 200 contributed (to the guild). It is a personal goal of mine that I want to break the 100,000 contributed status in my guild. So far I am the only one into 90K contributed status. Next closest guy is Pagan, with about 75K or so.
 
I have had some quick sorties into the Barren Sky zone, designated for lvl 65+ players. There are a few quests in there that I could manage at 60 and 61 though. Some of the quests require me to kill level 63^^s and level 64^s. Those I can BARELY do solo. It was then that I realised the nerfs were indeed having an effect.
 
I also noticed something really weird with T7 weapons. For example, the player-crafted rosewood bo staff shows a delay of 2.5 seconds instead of the usual 1.7 seconds for all previous tiers of bo staves. Comparing another staff which I have, the Staff Of Arresting, the icon looked like a quarterstaff, and it also has the same delay - 2.5 seconds. Eventually I decided to equip the Staff of Arresting and gave it a shot. Well, it worked pretty well, although now I don't have a 5% chance to proc extra damage via Gleaming Strike anymore.
 
I wonder if I should spring for the Staff of Enlightenment (or something like that). It's a T7 legendary staff, with an icon of a staff, not a bo staff. The delay is still 2.5 seconds, but it was on the broker for only like 10 gold. I was thinking I might buy it first and then store it till I hit level 66. Then again, I could just harvest trees I come across and hope I get a rare drop. I think the rare wood for T7 is called "severed ebony" but I am not sure.
 
Chen himself is only a level 42 woodworker. I wish I could really motivate myself to go level up in crafting so I can make my own weapons. This was the chief reason I chose Woodworking in crafting in the first place - cos I wanted to make my own weapons. I might just finally give myself the reason to do so. First I need to find a piece of ebony. Then I need to know what is the ingredient to imbue it with (Glowing, Sparkling you know, those terms). I need to know what to look out for when I dig around stones and rocks. If I do manage to find an ebony and the imbue ingredient before I get to level 69 crafting (HAH!), I'd probably make the staff myself.
 
If not, ah well... time to look for a lvl 70 woodworker. There SHOULD be some around in League Of Luck or in The Alliance...
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home