Thursday, March 09, 2006

Ascending To The Sky

I had a nice surprise today. At precisely 1245 hours (that's 12.45 pm), there was a knock on the door. It was the UPS guy. Kingdom of Sky has arrived!

So anyway, I ripped open the package, and lo and behold - 9 CDs. Hmmm why couldn't SOE have just shipped it on a DVD?

That also kinda reminds me - Wasn't the original Everquest 2 also 9 CDs? What, is the expansion so vast that it requires me to install 9 CDs worth of stuff?

I'm so very tempted to just enter the CD-key into my station account and see if it "auto-activates" itself, ie I already have the necessary files on my HD, I just need the key to activate it?

Naw, I think I'll go through the whole process and insert 9 CDs into my drive and see how it goes. For all I know, I might have a big chunk of KoS missing from my system, and going through the whole process might be the better idea.

I looked through the "manual" that came with the KoS boxed set. It's more like a pamphlet, and it only tells you how to install the expansion, as well as which keys the game uses (not too many). To me, it's practically useless. The map that came in the box, however, was pretty cool. I have a quick overview of the new lvl 70 zones and they sound pretty mean right now.

Why am I still here? Damn, I should be installing KoS right now! See ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home