Friday, March 03, 2006

Nerfs Nerfs And More Nerfs

You know, it's kinda depressing when you're running around Norrath stuck at level 60 when you see all your friends now at level 63, 64, 65 etc.

I have not given in to temptation to get the digital download version of Kingdom of Sky yet, but I'm getting there. Gimme a few more days of "Not In Singaopore Yet", and I'll probably break under the pressure.

One thing I have noticed is that the legendary rings you wear have been nerfed. In the past, in addition to the stats they give you, you could "activate" them and get the benefits of more agility, more wisdom, or more strength, depending on which rings you get. However, now the rings only have a 3% chance of "activating" when you manage to hit the enemy. So, now I have to hope and pray that the rings will "activate" whenever I hit the mob, and in the meantime watch my health go down while desperately praying for the rings to proc.

Then of course, there is the matter of city guards. I logged on to my "evil" alt, the Fury which I have in Freeport. Specifically, I went to North Freeport, West Freeport et al, to places where we need to "sneak" in, in the past, to get various HQs done up.

Now what I found is that, for example, Sony has placed 2 level 50 gargoyles and a level 55 ratonga at the mage academy right at the entrance. Not only that, the usual guard, Ulla I believe her name is, has been upped from a mid-30's guard to a level 46 guard. Now, I don't really remember what her old level was, since she had always been grey to me, but now she's GREEN to my level 53 Fury. GREEN!!!

Now how the hell do you expect Qeynosians to sneak into the Mage Academy to get the dragon runes for the prismatic quests?? First they have to handle 2 x level 50 gargoyles, triple up. Assuming they survive (unlikely), they have to tangle with the level 55 ratonga. Although the ratonga is sited in a particular way that allows you the possibility of SNEAKING past him, you can't possibly sneak past the 2 x level 50^^^ gargoyles. That kinda means that if you were to try to sneak into the Mage Academy to get the dragon runes, you'd have to be at least a level 60 person to do it (fighter class), or a level 50 Wizard/Warlock class. There is no way that I can see, to sneak past the gargoyles. You WILL definitely get into a fight with them.

That also means that we now have even more problems trying to complete the Stein Of Moggok Heritage Quests, as well as the Reaching Blade Of The Assassin. In the past, if we got caught, we were merely thrown out into Commonlands. Now, if we get caught, we could be DEAD.

Especially with this guy around (see pic below):


Yup. You got it... level 68 guard. Epic x 4 too. Now you tell me, how the heck can a Qeynosian level 45 or so, get past him? That would be the normal level for when you want to sneak in and get the Dragon Runes or the Stein Of Moggok quests done. If you wanted to do the Reaching Blade Of The Assassin done, your level would be probably around level 35-ish.

Oh yeah, you're screwed. I'm just waiting for my lowbie guildies to scream HEEEELP! in the guild chat for when they need to get these quests done. It'll probably be like a raid, where we have to mobilise all the high levels just to help the level 35-level 45 guy complete the Heritage Quests.

3 Comments:

At 2:17 am, March 04, 2006, Blogger Quylein said...

check your rings agian, that proc is aditional status not to include the stat boost that was placed on the rings. Before my Int rings only had 4int plus a 11int buff now it's 11int static with a chacne to proc. It's not that bad. As far as the guards I agree with you somewhat but on the other hand it's gives you more of the feeling you really dont belong there.

 
At 6:07 am, March 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding "the Nerfed"

Be kind to those who have been recently nerfed. I try to immediately invite or encourage leader to invite those who have been recently nerfed. I know that rangers in our guild have said it's been harder to get groups and stuff like that after the recent update / nerfage.

Be kind to the recently nerfed,
because next; it could be you.

-Zeem
Coercer with fingers crossed.

 
At 2:13 pm, March 04, 2006, Blogger FoxTwo said...

Zeem - oh you bet I am kind. I have been nerfed too, in some fashion. I get hit more often, my health drops faster (due to being hit more often). Now I go into defensive or balanced stance more often, whereas in the past I normally stay at offensive stance.

Queylin - yeah the rings are just the first things I found to have been nerfed. I am sure I'll find more stuff that got nerfed soon, especially after getting my expansion next week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home