Friday, February 24, 2006

Take That, City Guards!

HAH! I finally managed to log in to EQ2. First thing I did was to look for a guard and cause him some hurt! What I found was a nice new guard which I have never seen before in Qeynos, riding around all glowy on his armoured horse. Plus, he's a level 70 x4 epic.

Man, we can have raids in cities now woot!

Anyway I am just curious what the guards would drop if I killed one, so I hunted around for more.

Oh yeah, found one level 55 one, 3 ups. I made sure he walked a ways off away from the other guards (in case they are social). When he got to a relatively secluded spot, I pulled. Midway through the fight, some wandering guards saw us and they attacked. Oh boy, what a time to find out they are social!

Hmm 1 against 4... that's not really fair. I hit Feign Death and broke the encounter. Once they sheathed their swords, I stood up. For some reason, one of the guards didn't reset (Doh! I should have learnt by now after going on so many raids - "WAIT FOR THE MOBS TO RESET!!" would be the usual battlecry from our raid leader hehehe!)

Well anyway, down into the dirt I go. The dreaded revive box popped up and offered me only one revive location - Antonica.

Hmm one would think that in a city you'd revive at the local morgue or hospital. Oh wait, we don't have hospitals in Qeynos. For that matter, we don't have hospitals in Freeport too. Nor in Maj'Dul. Hey! Where do sick people go when they get sick? You can't expect us to stop every cleric we see in town and say "Heal plz kk tkx" right?

Anyway I ran back into North Qeynos and looked for that guard that killed me, and exacted my revenge. SOE wasn't kidding when they said they "beefed up" the guards. Normally I could take a level 55^^^ (that's 3 ups), although with some effort, solo.

These guards weren't ordinary 55^^^s. Midway through the fight he hit me for some incredible damage and I went from around 80% into about 25%. I went from green to orange, and bypassed yellow!

After some more fighting I managed to kill the guard, and guess what he dropped? A human femur yick! Maybe the devs decided to give them lousy loot so we don't go around killing guards in the city heheheh!

After this round of tests, it seems to me that maybe now, doing Assassin's Blade and Stein of Moggok quests would be easier. We don't have to sneak around anymore. A whole group of us could literally FIGHT our way into Freeport brazenly. Even getting dragon runes in Freeport Academy would be a cinch now - there's only one guard patrolling the path from the sewers to the mage academy, and that guard is only like level 30 or so. When you're out getting dragon runes you would be about level 50, piece of cake!

That is, assuming they don't add new guards, especially not those level 70 epics riding around on their glowy horses there too....

2 Comments:

At 10:37 pm, February 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd be very upset with a human femur. I think that it should drop something better than that. I'm dissapointed in that loot. :(

 
At 7:08 am, February 25, 2006, Blogger FoxTwo said...

We really need to get a raid together when we all hit level 70 and try to take out one of those level 70 epic x 4 guards. He'd BETTER drop something Fabled, or at the very least, legendary....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home