Sunday, November 20, 2005

Grinding To 59

There I was, just doing yet another "Trials Of Ash" quest to build up my faction standing with the Ashen Order monks in Pillars of Flame. First of all, I wanted to get the cool Chinese Coolie hat that they are wearing. One of their merchants must sell it!

Secondly, I found out that if I complete the whole series, I would get a suffix title called "the Jade Tiger" tacked on to my normal name. Hence I would be known as "Chenyu, the Jade Tiger". That would be really cool.

So anyway, I was out at the Giant Fields in far southwest of Pillars of Flame, getting some Flame Tornados that was required by the quest. Then, on OOC I saw someone broadcasting that a Giants xp group has a spot open for DPS. So I signed up. At this point, I was about 30% into level 58.

We went off killing giants. We went up the ramp into their camp. We slaughtered them over and over. I saw my xp bar keep rising.

Four hours later, at 6am, I dinged 59. Was completely unexpected, but a welcome surprise. I had only turned 58 a day or 2 earlier, so it's actually very nice not to need to do so many quests just to get to 59.

Now let's see how long it takes me to turn 60. I am expecting to be level 60 around Wednesday or Thursday. It would be nice to be level 60 to go on the Froglok raid as well as the Nektropos Castle: The Return raid...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home