Sunday, October 23, 2005

Of Carpets and Stones

First of all, Terenius finally got the Strange Black Rock quest done, and got a nice Glowing Black Stone to wear which increased Intelligence and Wisdom. After that, I noticed that he has like 2.5 bubs of xps to go before hitting level 42, so I brought him to run around Maj'Dul. He did a level 50 quest there, which gave alot of xps, as well as running around Maj'Dul and getting location exploration xps.

All in all, that was enough xps to bring him into level 42 - location xps as well as the level 50 quest to locate Nazeem's mother. As soon as he turned level 42, I sold off Terenius' horse which netted me 1 plat and 44 gold. Why did I sell the horse? Well since I can wear the Legendary Journeyman Boots, which gives me a 10% speed boost, and I also have Spirit Of The Wolf spell on Terenius which gives 20% speed boost, the combined boost will be 30%, which is just 2% less than the horse. I can live with a 2% speed loss heh!

Then, I spent 1 plat and 32 gold on 2 hex dolls, one for Wisdom bonus and the other for Intelligence boost. So, I improved Terenius' stats and still made 12 gold "profit"!

Just when I thought the day was already going pretty well, it got better! While running around in Sinking Sands on Terenius, basically testing his new hex dolls and the new JBoots, there was a guy spamming in OOC about forming a Carpet Quest 4 raid force. I switched to Chen quickly and got into the group.

So there we were, on the lonley rock that the Djinn was supposed to be, 24 of us. First time around we all got creamed because somebody aggroed the Djinn before anybody was ready. Then, exactly 6 people left. I really don't like those sn0bby "damn if they get me killed they must suck!" guys. This wasn't because of an incompetent group! It was an ACCIDENT! We did not get killed repeatedly and not learn from it.

Well I know their names and I won't be grouping with them anytime soon. They might get me killed and leave me alone to get my own shard or something.

The good thing is, after those 6 snobbish people left the raid force, we got 6 more guys in, and as luck would have it, we got a level 60 Illusionist which made the whole thing easy after she mezzed the pets, so we could all just concentrate on killing the Djinn.

Well anyway, after spending a couple of hours and having the groups rotating thru killing the Djinn, we all got our required updates. We all ran, evacuated, recalled, or whatever, at our fastest speed back to the Carpet Quest giver to finally get our carpet.

It was a little disappointing though. The carpet only gave a 25% speed boost. By about level 50 or so, most of us would have already gotten at least a 32% speed horse, or a 40% speed carpet from the city merchants. Getting a 25% speed carpet is kind of anti-climatic.

However the good thing about owning that carpet is that now, you can take carpet rides at various locations within the Sinking Sands and Pillars Of Flame zones like you can take griffons in Antonica and Commonlands. In other words, the carpet will allow you to travel really quickly in those zones if you have "discovered" those locations beforehand.

Yup I'm pretty happy all in all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home