Saturday, March 11, 2006

Lots Of Scaly Mobs

Honestly I haven't gone much further than Tenebrous Tangle in the new zones. Just doing the quests for the frogs (between lvl 55 to 60) had been enough to bring me from lvl 60 to 75% into 60. I forsee myself getting to level 61 in the next day or so.

One thing I have found is that I look like some Chinese mythology god when riding on the cloud to get between the isle. Don't believe me? Take a look:


If they'd just retain the bo staff I had on my back when I took the cloud to travel between the isles, I look like the Monkey God (Sun Wu Kong, or孫悟空 in Chinese Characters) from the Chinese epic "Journey To The West" (Xi Yu Ji, or 西遊記 in Chinese Characters). If only they'd retain the bo staff when we get onto the cloud and started flying. That'd be almost the exact image we see from all the illustrations as well as some movies that have been made about 西遊記.

In a way, I sometimes wish I could duplicate myself to take on the slightly-harder mobs that appear in these new zones. For example, I used to be able to take on 2 x lvl 60 double up mobs without much problems. Now, I fight to stay alive with just 1 x lvl 60 single up mob. At first I thought the monk class had been nerfed, but a fellow guildie suggested it would probably be more likely that I was still using my T6 gear and haven't upgraded to T7 gear.

Another thing I have gleaned from my guildies is that apparently, T7 crafted items no longer are "Legendary" even when using "rare" components. Everything is now labelled "Treasured". To get Legendary or Fabled items, we have to find them on mob drops. I don't know what to think of that. I find it such a let-down that no longer can we search for T7 gear using the broker drop-down box and selecting "Legendary" in the Tier selection.

Heck I don't even know if any rares will drop from harvesting nodes! What I did find amusing was that I was able to harvest "loam" from stones in Tenebrous Tangle. We used to produce loam very effortlessly from making subcombines of inks (the DYE stage). Plus, I haven't been crafting since LU 19 and 20, so I don't really know how much crafting have been changed. They keep saying that no longer do we have to do sub-components, but a recent examination of the recipe books still show that I need to make Quills and Staves for some of the items.

I'd say that I still have more to find out and discover with the new expansion pack. At this moment though, I am glad to say that it has been pretty easy getting 75% xp into 60, and soon I should be lvl 61 in a day or so. In the meantime, I find myself killing alot of those "Scaleborn" mobs that many quests from the Frogloks seem to require. Man, I should start looking for the Lore and Legend quest to them, as well as the language quest for their language - Volant.

I need to examine every drop I get from those lizards and see which are the ones that trigger the language quest.

Technorati tags: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home