Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Practice Makes Perfect!

If I were sane, I'd be out trying to level up. I am not sane :)

I just noticed that my Safe Fall skill is starting to lag behind, so I thought I'd make a quick trip to the local Mage Academy and start jumping off floors. It's kinda like bungee jumping... minus the bungie.

I noticed that I was skilling up pretty slowly jumping from the blue portal. I used this portal to get from about 220 up to 300 where it maxxed out at level 60. So I thought, maybe I should go abit higher to the red portal, and see if I survive it?

Nice view on the way down
Sure enough, I survived the fall from the red portal! The even better news is, Safe Fall started to proc and skill up. Soon I got it to 310, which is my current max.

Leaving the Academy, I headed to North Qeynos. I had gotten a funny map and an orb, both marked LORE. Guildies said to seek out someone called "HighKeep" in Irontoes East Inn. Since I'm headed to North Qeynos anyway to get a batch of new writs, I popped by Irontoes East.


The man I am looking for knew me on sight and promptly gave me a secret mission! YES! I AM FINALLY A SPY! Look out James Bond! Of course I asked him if I was licensed to kill. After all, what's a spy if he can't kill?

Anyway, soon after I headed back to Tenebrous Tangle where I was to meet that Jabber bird again. He was also damn coy about telling me where to go to find Muarr Sharr (I think that's his name). Of course, he doesn't know I already know where Hidden Refuge is, and I have already seen Muarr at the Qeynosian encampment there. Jabber felt all-important about not telling me exactly where Hidden Refuge is, asking me to "take a leap of faith". Yeah right.

Since I had some outstanding gathering quests for the Surgeon froglok down there, I hung around and looked for roots and flowers (geesh a grown man picking flowers? Hope nobody I know sees me). Then someone mentioned over the OOC channel that the basket quests that Galump liked (the froglok up at the Temple Grounds) are repeatable. Yay! They give good money, almost 10 gold each time! So off I went looking for baskets and filling them up. When I was all done with baskets and flowers (no, those damn Life Roots are too rare. Managed to find only ONE in all the time I finished collecting 14 flowers!), I headed down into the Hidden Refuge. Turning in those gathering quests finally dinged me 62... yes!!

So I met up with Muarr, and went snooping around the Droag towers there. Found a note telling me to go talk to the Herald of Dar. Well, he didn't really want to talk. He kinda reminds me of The Thing from Fantastic 4 - "It's clobberin' time!". It was. He got clobbered. By me. HAH!

Then, now I need to find this Soundless Guardian. Damn, I swear I had seen him once before on the first day I stepped into Tenebrous Tangle. Now when I need him, he's nowhere to be found. Typical.

Since I am now level 62, I can finally use alot more of those tier-7 gear. I will have to wait for tier-7 bo staff to be ready, though. I found a level 70 woodworker and she charged me only 50 gold to make it. Cool beans! I save a whopping 3 plats compared to if I were to buy the same thing ready-made. I bought the ebony for about 1.2plats, and the imbue ingredient for like 6 gold. Add another 50 gold in, for hiring the services of a level 70 Woodworker, it's under 2 plats total to make. And yet, the same thing on broker is going for 5 plats.

Here's hoping that when I log in tomorrow that I get my bo staff :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home