Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Soloing Towers In Maj'Dul

Yeah I did that today in Maj'Dul. I had already dinged 64 from doing a whole load of quests in Bonemire, and here's the customary ding picture on the right. Actually what happened was kinda weird.

I was just trying to get the 3rd Heritage Quest which my guildies told me was in Bonemire. So I looked it up on Ogaming, and found out roughly how to go about it. So I headed to Bonemire, and, as usual, I got sidetracked by NPCs with feathers on their heads :) I mean, when I see one of them I'd go "Ooooohhhh quest!" and I'd start talking to them.

So anyway, I got some easy quests out of the way. Then, while hunting for a ding-spot for one of those quests, I came across a gnome being attacked by Droags. I remember from reading OGaming that this was indeed the Heritage Quest starter. So I saved his sorry behind, and got started on it. Now, seeing that the heritage quest steps seem easy, I proceeded to do them. I figure that I'd quit as soon as I come across a step that absolutely needs a group to do (like the hat quest - I need a group to get the scrollbearer). Anyway long story short - I now need a group to kill a dragon that flies around the Hall Of Fate. After that, it's just returning to the gnome to get the reward and I'll be done with the heritage :)

So anyway, I decided to go back to Barren Sky since I have run out of quests to do (ie, quest that I COULD do solo). Once I zoned into Barren Sky (I refuse to use the acronym 'BS' for this zone!) I spied some mobs which my writ needed. So I killed them. Lo and Behold - ding 64!

As per routine, once I dinged I will usually head back to town, to get new spells, the check on the bank for any goodies I might have stored there to await the day I when I grow strong enough to use etc. So this one time, I got lazy and decided to zone into Maj'Dul instead of Qeynos. After all, I can sell all the status loot of the various faction to just ONE guy, and I don't need to run around, plus the bank is there too, all in the Court Of Blades.

While traversing through Maj'Dul, I got too close to some Coins Guards. So they attacked me. Naturally I wiped the floor with them, and was surprised they dinged some long-forgotten quest of mine. So, I realised I need to kill 15 of these guys, plus there's a quest to kill a Coins Captain too... and I'm just outside a Coins tower... so why the heck not?

So I worked my way up... killing 15 coins to satisfy quest number 1. Then, I just ran all the way up to the top of the tower (to get to the captain) and feigned death. That resetted all the guards who had chased me up. Then, I took my time picking off the final few guards right at the top of the tower, and eventually killing the captain and turning the tower into a Blades Tower by plunging a dagger into the heart of the Coins Captain.

So, ding quest number 2 - now I just need to do the same thing to a Truth captain heh! Since my technique has been tried and proven, I guess I can solo a Truth tower tomorrow ....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home