Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Bummer! Live Update 7 today...

Ok I get home from work, log on and expected the servers to shutdown at 7pm as usual.

Nothing.

Then... at 8.30pm, the dreaded message came - Servers will be down for update, expected downtime is 4 hours.

FOUR HOURS! That can only mean one thing - Live Update 7 is going to hit! I am looking forward to the following exerpts from the notes:


- Earn guild status points for defeating epic encounters!

- We've made significant improvements to the griffin rides. You will notice that the routes are more scenic, takeoffs are smoother, and the flight will be much more enjoyable.

- Guild status points are now awarded when you defeat the following epic encounters: Vaz'Gok The Cursed, Anguis, Ladon, Coldtooth, Acrimoniad, Agelidaes, N'Kzak, The Krathuk, King Zatan, Solusek's Fist, Asphyxia, Grumzod, Borxx, Alangria, Knubed, Venekor, Xiggalg, Lord Nagalik, Hand of the Caldera, Archlich Udalan, Rognog the Angler, King Zalak the Ancient, Overlord Oxulius, Tremblar the Behemoth, The Vision of Vox, Vanudozalon the Elusive, Niscanith, Trenda'loz the Caller, Darathar, King Drayek, Spirit of Vox, Element of Vox, and The Fragments of Vox.

- Aggro NPCs will now stop chasing you much sooner if you haven't attacked them. When they give up, they will be invulnerable to attack until they return to the spot where they became aggro.

- Those who finished the Dusty Blue Stone quest and opted not to continue on with the Ghoulbane heritage quest can now speak to Toranim in North Qeynos. After making the proper offering, the quest will once again be offered.

- The Quest Journal now has a dropdown that lets you choose to sort quests by category (the way they are sorted now) or by current zone. Choosing the latter option lets you sort quests into zone names based on the current step each is on. Not all quests have been adjusted to use this new option, so some will be listed as "Unknown." Correct classifications for older quests will be added in future updates.

Yes indeed folks. Now I get to continue the quest I stopped yesterday at getting the baton in Dusty Blue Stone! So... when the system is up again I'm gonna go talk to the priest guy and get it back! Can never hurt to have more heritage points!


As for the Quest Journal, yeah... in Everquest 2, as I have commented before to players in-game, the name given to the game is very apt. You have so many quests that it's hard to keep track of what needs to be done. Very often, I will go to a zone to kill x number of things because after flipping through my journal I conciously notice I need x mobs from this zone. So once I have done x mobs I will zone out to report back to the quest giver. Then when I zone out, I see that I needed to do more things in the previous zone because all the quest givers are in the zone I am heading to now!


However with this new info, I can now know WHAT I need to do in the current zone without conciously looking for it! Yes, finally! Now I can stay in a zone and do whatever I can to finish all tasks before zoning out! No more grumbling about "I wish I had seen this quest earlier"!


Nice... now if only they will hurry up and finish the updates....



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home