Friday, May 13, 2005

Purple Monkeys and Snakes

The most prominent feature in Feerott, I found, was the abundance of Huuptics. They are a race of purple primate-looking creatures. I call them Purple Monkeys. As soon as you step off the boat onto the docks, you can see them to the left and right on the shore.

Purple monkeys, although a little dumb, hit really hard. Taking one out alone already tires me to near exhaustion. Thus, when an anthropologist beseeched me to help her study the different types of Huuptics, it took a really long time before I got back to her with my results.

Yes, I have started spending more time in Feerott. Amazingly, it is MUCH safer in Feerott than in Zek. Over in Zek, I die on an average of 2 times per visit. In Feerott, I die an average of 0 (zero) times per visit, and the mobs are tougher here! Needless to say, this place is laden with XPs. Just spending some time trying to complete a quest will bump your xp bar up by about 2 bubs (or 20%, as they like to say here in EQ2).

One of the quests I have here is an annoying one - snake hunting. In City of Heroes, I hated those "Defeat x" missions. Here, I am starting to hate them with a passion. Sometimes, they tell you to "Kill mob until you get item", and I tell you, it will take a HEAP of mobs to get just 1 update. Imagine they tell you to kill 5, you'd kill on average, about 50 of that mob to get all 5 updates.

Then there is the other annoying type - kill the same mob, but of different "types". So you kill x ENRAGED wolves, then x FEROCIOUS wolves, then x WEALD wolves. By the time you are done with all 3 types, you'd be halfway to the next level.

Anyway, now all I need are brush stalkers (snakes). I don't even know how many I need, because the journal doesn't say. However each time I kill one, the quest helper will update and I will get to see how much is left to kill. Guess I will have to go deeper into Feerott and get this to update. Damn annoying quest, this.

Currently I am half a bar away from 36. Should be easy to get tonight, should be done in an hour or less. Once I hit 36, I'm going to switch out to Terenius and continue his climb up to 11 or 12.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home