Friday, August 05, 2005

Scouts and Jewelry

You know what's the funny thing about Everquest 2?

It's the way the tradeskills are categorised. See, Jewellers make scout combat arts, or skills. Look, Jewellers! I mean, I would have thought Jewellers made just jewelry, you know, bracelets, bangles, necklaces etc stuff?

Then it gets better... Alchemists make fighter combat arts, like those for Paladins, Guardians, Monks etc. Umm... I thought Alchemists were short little gnomes locked away in the cellar in front of the chemistry tables and once in a while I'd hear "Boom!", the sound of explosions coming from the cellar...

The only logical (to me) tradeskill is the Sage - he makes wizzy and priest spell scrolls. Now, THAT I agree. A sage is a person who has studied long and hard. He knows stuff. Hence, if he is able to scribe a scroll for the Wizard, it's fine.

Yeah yeah it's all about "balance". True, I mean who would want to become a Jeweller if all they could make was just jewelry? There's only so many rings and bracelets you can make and sell and unlike real-world, there won't be any women coming to buy your jewelry on a whim. Once they got a ring that will last them to lvl 30, they will keep wearing that ring till level 30, or they get a better one off a monster drop.

Alchemists have it slightly better - they are able to make poisons and stuff, and poisons run out. Scouts need... well not NEED in as much as WANT to use poisons. Poisons help to push damage up. Scouts apparently are the only class in EQ2 that are able to use poisons.

So, it's either to become and alchemist or a jeweller. Right now I still have a choice because my new baby scout is only level 13 in tradeskill... I have 6 more levels to go before I must decide on a final trade - Alchemist, or Jeweller. I will probably go Jeweller, just so I can make scout runes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home