Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Making Tower Shields

I just levelled up as a Woodworker to level 25. In the new recipes is one for a Tower Shield. It was listed as a level 29 item and is "Challenging" to make.

However, I made a pristine version on the first run, and it's almost no different that the rest of the stuff I make normally. Just watch the durability and then when things get too bad, abort and retry from scratch. However, with the Tower Shield, I didn't even have to abort. It went fine from the start.

It seems that there is a new player to the shield-making market. He or she has been under-pricing everyone by alot, like almost half the price. So now a pristine-conditioned shield might sell for a gold and some change. Now, that is pretty darn cheap. hence I am not putting the shields I make up for sale yet. I want to see whether this new person continues to sell at such a low price. If he does I'd probably stop selling shields, but instead concentrate on bows. They seem to be popular, because my Ash Long Bows have literally been sold before I realise it.

Well I need to get one more level before I can make an Ash Bo for Leireth, and 3 more levels before I can make a Spellbinder Staff for him. By then I'd be able to start imbuing items, so maybe I might hang on abit longer before I decide to spend 24 gold and buy a severed Fir to make a shield for Grrrik.

Well as it is now, Grrrik has a shield that is easily useable up to about level 26 or 27-ish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home