Sunday, August 14, 2005

By Hook Or By Crook

Right after completing Bone Bladed Claymore, I was totally flushed. I wanted to do more! Since Ogaming's quest section is fixed, I went in and took a look at what heritage quests there are left for me to do. Then I noticed this - "By Hook Or By..." which I have yet to start on.

So, sneaking around abit, I slipped past the level 42s guarding the door to Rukir's tree-stump house and spoke with him. I got the quest, and as with all heritages, it starts out boring - kill 100 Nightbloods.

Geeesh, ok so I went and started killing 100. It was heck of a lot slower than killing 1000 gnolls in Antonica believe me! Anyway as luck would have it, Grawfr came online to harvest materials to make armour, and he came to Enchanted Lands to do it. So once I finished killing the 100 Nightbloods, I asked if he was going into the Drafling Tower anytime soon because I needed to get JumJum from there, same step as he is in the quest.

So off we went into the Drafling Tower. We fought, and we ran screaming like scared little forest elves when we encountered a wandering patrol of Bixies (for the uninitiated, a "bixie" is a half human half bee monster). We finally got to the Refinery and fought to the huge vats containing jumjum to grab the required amount for Rukir. It was at this point that Paganstar was available to join us and so we waited for him to come before continuing on to the Queen's Chamber.

To summarise, we completed the heritage, and by the time we did it was already 10am Singapore time. I had not gone to bed the entire night, and I was desperately needing some sleep.

It was amazing.. 2 heritages completed in 2 days... haven't done this in a long time indeed.

The next day, I realised that Chen only needed like 8% more xps to level up to 49, so I took him out to complete whatever writs that were outstanding. I completed the one that needed Ice Walkers in Everfrost, which by the way, now I know exactly where to go to get Ice Walkers heh! It's at the area near the entrance of the Sepulcher, and not at the other end where I normally would hunt for mobs.

Once complete, I headed over to Lavastorm to try to get some Sootfoot Peons. There were not many of these too, as there are others there hunting the same mobs too. So in the end I only managed to get like 14 of them, and I need 10 more to complete this writ. In the meantime, I killed whatever else crossed my path, and finally pushed myself into level 49.

So here I sit, one final level to go before 50. 4 or 5 more Harclaves to go (assuming each Harclave gives about 2.5 bubs of xp like it did at level 48), or some writs and some hunting plus 3 Harclaves. Well, I would say I will hit level 50 in about 7 to 9 days.. which is like 2 weeks before Desert of Flames will arrive.

I sure hope Tecdrome will buy Desert of Flames. I think I will be buying that one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home