Wednesday, March 30, 2005

The First Week

The first week went by really quickly. Within 3 days I had attained level 13, and just from doing quests! As I said earlier, citizens in this fine city are lazy and helpless and I have to do everything for them.

That translates to alot of things to do, as well as earning a fair bit of coin. The early game of Everquest 2 is very involved. You never run out of things to do. In fact, you always want to "Do one last errand before I log off".

So anyway, as of this writing, Chenyu, my martial artist, is level 17. Just 3 more levels to go before becoming a fully-fledged Monk!

I even made an evil mage on another server, just to stem the temptation to transfer (or "twink") between characters. I want my mage to make it on his own, just like my fighter has (more or less).

On my 3rd day, I joined the guild, Erus Ex Norrath, or "Masters of Norrath" translated to English. The guys are friendly, but sadly have not grouped with any of them yet. Hopefully they will bring more recruits in near my level and I can finally start grouping with people.

Thus far, my scrapper has been mostly solo. During the first few days, a South Korean girl I met grouped with me pretty often but now she seemed to have disappeared. Guess I will have to put more work into looking for a group I can hang around with regularly. Naturally having a group makes quests easier. For example, I have an outstanding quest to kill some druids in a coven in Antonica but I certainly can't do it alone. Most people are looking for groups to grind XPs (experience points), not to do quests.

Ah well, thus far my scrapper seemed to be on-track. He's also currently doing abit of "twinking" for my lowly level 6 wood-elf mage still on newbie island. I intend the mage to be a crafter as well as an adventurer, hence he's still on newbie island making things. I intend to have him make a few pristine Rawhide Backpacks (6 slots? 8?) for both Chenyu and himself before he leaves, and that should bring him to level 9 in tradeskill. Also, to make some pristine Elm Boxes too, for the banks. If I succeed, the boxes will have 8 slots each, and there are 8 slots in the bank to store items, hence I can have up to 64 slots in the bank not counting the 4 shared ones.

So far, as before, this seemed like my new "home". However, I am wary of declaring it so because it might just turn out like Anarchy Online, where I soon get bored and want to leave. So far it hasn't happened yet. One can only hope.

More next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home